Most baby sleep aids feature multiple light, colour and noise settings which are unquestionably exciting and stimulating for babies but not too helpful when it comes to bedtime! This innovative and scientifically proven sleep aid is packed full of intelligent and innovative technology designed to simulate ideal sleeping conditions, rather than stimulate baby. Once baby is asleep, adjust the settings and the device will help you to relax and prime your body ready for sleep so you can get more sleep too.
While in the womb, babies are enveloped in sound, mum’s voice and heartbeat, the rhythmic movement of the digestive system, the oceanic whoosh of breathing and arterial blood flow and the filtered sounds of the world outside. Pink noise imitates the natural sounds of the womb and aids in falling asleep faster, deeper and for longer as it provides baby with a comforting and familiar and more natural background noise in comparison to other noises or no noise at all.
To ensure the sound is perfect for baby’s hearing and development, the maximum volume is 50dBA. At this level, the sounds are audible and brain waves pick up on them, but they do not disturb once asleep.
Research has shown that unlike exposure to other lights on the spectrum which significantly suppress melatonin (the sleep hormone), red light exposure allows the production of melatonin which relaxes the body ready for sleep. Our research has shown that a baby sleep solution that incorporates red light could help baby get to sleep faster, sleep longer through the night and be minimally stimulating during nighttime awakenings, making resettling easier.
Choose from three brightness levels, the maximum being 200 lux which is recommended as the brightest setting for the least impact on sleep. Perfect for use as a night light when breastfeeding during the night to keep disturbance to a minimum.
The rhythmical pulsing light waves encourage slow, deep breaths to relax the user ready for sleep. The first, faster pulse setting reflects baby’s resting breathing rate of 20 breaths per minute (bpm), helping to induce sleep in infants. Once baby is asleep, switch to the second, slower pulse setting that mimics your resting breathing rate to help you relax and prime the body for sleep.
- Developed with sleep scientists, this sound and light sleep aid relaxes your baby, encourages them into a deep sleep and prolongs the length of their sleep
- Mimics the natural sounds of the womb and encourages baby to fall asleep faster, deeper and for longer as it provides them with a comforting, familiar and more natural background noise
- The soothing red light encourages the production of melatonin, the sleep hormone and is minimally stimulating so won’t disturb baby (or you) once asleep
- The rhythmical pulses of soft light mimic the slow, deep breaths of baby’s relaxed breathing rate which calms baby and helps them to drift off to sleep
- Integrated CrySensor technology detects baby’s cries through the night and automatically switches the device back on to play your choice of light and sound settings to soothe baby back to sleep
- To power the device on and off, simply double tap the ring on the top of the product, once on, simply select the light, sound and pulse settings to suit your preferences
- Mains powered by a USB Type C cable (1.2 m length, included) and adapter plug (not included), the device must be connected to the mains to function
- To help reduce our environmental impact the Dreammaker™ sleep aid is packaged in plastic free and 100% fully recyclable cardboard packaging