Ultimate safety. Space-saving design.
Get top-tier safety and streamlined design with the rainier convertible car seat. The full steel frame, extra-deep aluminum reinforced sides, and energy absorbing foam deliver unmatched protection for your little one. The rainier accommodates children weighing 2.2 - 54 kg. It could be the only car seat you’ll ever need.
The rainier’s superior safety comes in a sleek design that allows extra room for passengers
- Heavy is good: Diono's convertible car seats are made from steel for safety you can feel. The fully integrated steel frame is wrapped in thick engineered plastic to withstand severe crash forces. Deep, aluminum reinforced sidewalls provide excellent side impact protection, while energy absorbing EPS foam surrounds your child for ultimate safety. Diono car seats are definitely worth the weight.
- Extended rear-facing: The rainier keeps children comfortably rear-facing from 2.2-22.7 kgs for the safest possible position. Body support cushions are included to keep newborns and infants comfortable and positioned properly.
- Room to grow: Accommodates forward-facing children up to 29.4 kg in a 5-point harness and converts to booster mode for kids 22.7 - 54 kg. The aluminum reinforced, adjustable head rest and extra-deep sidewalls provide the ultimate side impact protection.
- SuperLATCH™ Installation: Diono's unique SuperLATCH™ system makes installation easy and secure. An audible click and visual indicator let you know when the connectors are locked.
- Safe Stop®: The patented Safe Stop® harness component is a load-limiting device that absorbs energy in a crash. The unique design offers an additional layer of protection by reducing impact to a smaller, forward-facing child.
- Rear-Facing Tether: As safety experts, Diono think of every precaution. Rear-facing tether capability helps reduce seat rotation during an impact. This unique feature is not found on every car seat. Diono built it in here for an extra layer of protection when your child is rear-facing.
- Side Impact Protection: Diono have your child’s safety covered. Rainier® 2 AXT seats feature extra-deep, aluminum reinforced sidewalls that extend straight forward and are lined with thick, energy absorbing foam. Diono performed rigorous side impact testing to achieve the proper size, shape and strength that best protects children from side impact forces.
- Joy of the journey: From birth, keep your little one rear facing longer to 22.6 kg, traveling safely. As they grow to 54 kg (12 years approx.) Diono's long-range lifespan protects your child facing forwards. Peace of mind for you, Diono have thought of everything so you don’t have to.
- Lovingly engineered: The Rainier 2 AXT is fabricated using super strong automotive high strength steel, engineered into a dual spine. This unique core manages and dissipates energy and provides an unyielding structure to protect your baby. Diono shield your precious child through deep Super side impact protection with aluminium reinforcement.
- Space saving design: For safety that allows extra room for other passengers, the Rainier 2 AXT packs all Diono's safety features into a sleek design, without compromising luxury travel for your baby.
- Exquisite Luxury: Inspired by the best European fashions, the Rainier 2 AXT has hand selected soft-suiting fabrics in a contemporary tailored cut and a memory foam seat for a touch of luxury. Lined with thick energy absorbing foam, comfort and safety go hand in hand. A coordinating infant support cushion and a cup holder are included.
See the video here.
Great car seat - very sturdy and packed with features. It does take a lot of room when rear-facing though, so consider carefully if you have a small car as we do. The front passenger seat is virtually unusable when fitted. When front facing, no issues. One of the key features for us was the rear-facing for longer (up to 2 years) however we probably won't go past 1 year unless we get a bigger car! Overall, great seat though.
Related productsView all
4 colours available
4 colours available